Haze Marijuana Strains Vary In Character
If you are familiar with weed, then chances are that you have heard of Haze marijuana strains at some point in time. It is highly sought after for its uplifting, euphoric, cerebral, and even psychedelic mental experience with almost no ceiling to the buzz while allowing the user to remain physically active. It has been used a staple in a number of hybrids. The Haze family line is one of the most THC-potent strains that cannabis has to offer.
Haze refers to a Cannabis sativa-dominant strain known for its psychedelic effects, sometimes referred to colloquially as “ampheta-weed” for their uplifting qualities. Despite the uplifting powerful effects for which the Haze strain is known, it can be hard to come by. This is largely due to the the amount of time required for a Haze plant to be ready for harvest.
Haze Marijuana Growing Cycle
It often takes as as long as 14 weeks of flowering before a batch of haze marijuana strains can be sent to the trimmers. The resulting flowers can be well-worth the wait, however, which is why Haze varieties are still popular in the European cannabis market. Because of its long flowering times (often double that of an indica based strain) and tall stature, haze is rarely seen in its pure form but instead is a popular choice for breeders and is the parent to many prized subset strains.
Very popular in the 70’s, it nearly became extinct in recent years as growers switched to easier varieties. Many seed banks still offer what is supposedly the Original haze but many have been “Tainted” with Indica genetics, or are just a similar strain, aptly named. Dutch hazes especially are often crossed with Indicas, due to the often shorter growing seasons.
Haze Marijuana Genetics
The genetics of the Haze sativa first took root in Santa Cruz, California during the 1960s where long growing seasons accommodated her lengthy flowering cycle. Despite the buzz, Haze seeds remained scarce for years until the late 1970s.
When famed breeder Sam Skunkman started creating and refining his own batches. With a flowering time from 12 to as much as 16 weeks, the Original Haze earned a reputation as a finicky, difficult plant to grow.
Many preferred planting Skunk and Northern Lights seeds instead. Since then, Haze has been the proud parent of countless hybrids around the world passing on it’s genetics from Mexico, Colombia, Thailand and India. Because most Haze strains have a long flowering period, being mainly cultivated in inter-tropical climates or indoor grow rooms.
Variety Of Haze Strains
It should be noted that there are a variety of Haze strains, typically referred to by the region from with it originally stems from. Nonetheless, one the most famous of these is often referred to as “Super Silver Haze.”
The buds, as with most pure sativas, are usually small, spaced out, skinny, and long. The original Haze is well known, along with many other sativas to produced very fluffy buds. Haze is also famous for its unique smell, taste, and strong “Psychedelic” effect.
Old School Haze
Very popular haze marijuana strains in the 70’s, it nearly became extinct in recent years as growers switched to easier varieties. Many seed banks still offer what is supposedly the Original haze but many have been “Tainted” with Indica genetics, or are just a similar strain, aptly named. Dutch hazes especially are often crossed with Indicas, due to the often shorter growing seasons.
Super Silver Haze
Super Silver Haze marijuana seeds will wind up producing one of the most popular strains of marijuana that you can find. Super Silver Haze is taken from several other popular strains including Northern Lights and Skunk. It is technically sativa-dominant, and you’ll see that in the formation of the plant, but the smoke tends to reveal its latent Indica characteristics. In any event, it’s certainly one of the most beloved and interesting strains of marijuana available to you.
As noted above, Super Silver Haze tends to produce much more body-oriented buzzes. The smoke tends to be relaxing and sleep-inducing rather than energetic. Still, Super Silver Haze is also valuable because it can clear your head and produce entirely different states of mind and being. It really gives you the whole package, and the best part is that it tends to last for large chunks of time. There’s certainly a nearly divine feeling of pleasure that you get while smoking Super Silver Haze.
What’s Disliked About Super Silver Haze?
The main draw of the Super Silver Haze strain is right in its name. Super Silver Haze marijuana tend to be plants that are covered in silvery THC glands that are pleasing to the eye. The buds are long and sticky and the THC level is consistent at around at least 21%.
The clear-headed, body buzz most associated with Super Silver Haze is ideal for a number of medical conditions. The strain has been shown to help with everything from depression to muscle cramps. Super Silver Haze’s lasting effects also allow you to achieve relief for long periods of time. So, if you have chronic pain, you can use Super Silver Haze to mitigate it throughout the day.
List Of Haze Marijuana Strains
If you have any more haze marijuana strains you can add to this list please add them to the comments and we will make sure they get added.
- Amnesia Haze – High Times Overall Cannabis Cup (2004) #1, High Times Sativa Cup (2012) #1
- Arjan’s Schoenmaker Zwevers Ultra Haze 2 – High Times Cannabis Cup (2005) #2
- Arjan’s Strawberry Haze – High Times Sativa Cup (2004) #2
- Arjan’s Ultra 2 Haze – High Times Nederhash Cup (2005) #3
- Arjan’s Ultra Haze #1 – High Times Cannabis Cup (2006) #1
- Blue Dream “Blueberry Indica crossed with Super Silver Haze”
- Blueberry Haze “Blueberry Indica crossed with Original Haze”
- Bubble Berry Haze
- DeLaHaze – High Times Sativa Cup (2008) #2
- Early Pearl/Skunk #1 x Northern Lights #5/Haze – High Times Cannabis Cup (1989)
- Electric Lemon Haze – High Times Sativa Cup (2011) #2
- G13 Haze – High Times Cannabis Cup (2006) #2, High Times Cannabis Cup (2007) #1
- Haze (or Original Haze)
- Jack Herer is a cross between Skunk #1, Haze, and Northern Lights #5.
- Haze x Northern Lights #5 – High Times Cannabis Cup (1993)
- Haze x Skunk #1 – High Times Cannabis Cup (1992)
- Lemon Haze #2 MOBO (2013)×World Cup (2002) #3 Supercannabis
- up (2005) Oscars (2007) #3 Grammy (2008) Yield cup (2010)
- Liberty Haze – High Times Cannabis Cup (2011) #1
- Mako Haze – High Times Sativa Cup (2006) #1
- Maroc Lemon Haze – 26th High Times Cannabis Cup (2013) #3 Import Hash
- Moonshine Haze – High Times Sativa Cup (2011) #1
- Northern Lights – High Times Cannabis Cup (2003) #1
Royal Moby (Haze x White Widow)
- Silver Haze – High Times Overall Cannabis Cup (2005) #3
- Super Lemon Haze – High Times Cannabis Cup (2008, 2009) #1, 2010 #2. High Times Sativa Cup (2009) #1
- Super Silver Haze – first prize winner at the High Times Cannabis Cup in 1998 and 1999 and also won awards at the High Times harvest festival
- Tangerine Dream – Cannabis Cup (2011) #2
- Tasman Haze – High Times Sativa Cup (2007) #2
- Utopia Haze – High Times Cannabis Cup (2008) #2, High Times Sativa Cup (2008) #1